Digital Design Program
Program for school years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011.
Digital Design program replaced by the cSTEM program
The Digital Design program is part of the Fine Arts Block (FAB) program for 4th, 5th and 6th graders at the Los Altos School District. Classes are offered at each of the 7 elementary schools on a weekly basis. This program has been made possible by the use of FREE and open source software and by parent donations to LAEF.
Digital Design program :
1. Builds creativity and innovation – key 21st century skills
2. Teaches visual communication in today’s multimedia world
3. Brings ‘’STEM” to schools (STEM= Science,Technology, Engineering and Math)
The Digital Design class teaches children to use computers for creativity. They learn important concepts of art (color, balance, design) as well as basic concepts of computer technology (web pages, RGB colors, file formats) while having fun doing creative projects. Instead of just being consumers of digital media, they learn to be creators of original digital media.
Digital Design Classes
There are 3 different classes offered at each school.
- Design Track R: illustration and designing in 2D space . This is a class for 4th graders
- Design Track G: illustration and designing in 3D space . This is a class for 5th and 6th graders
- Design Track B: illustration and designing using programming . This is a class for 5th and 6th graders
Digital Gallery / Showcase
Student digital art work will be shown on the Digital Gallery on this web site. In most cases, no artwork will be printed.
Questions? Comments? Contact the Digital Design instructor, Sheena Vaidyanathan. Email sheena (at) lasdschools (dot) org or use the Contact link.
Other important pages for the program
This page has the following sub pages.